Secondary Academic Intervention Services
Academic Intervention Services
WHAT IS IT?
- A state-mandated program to assist students with the literacy skills and content area support necessary to meet graduation requirements.
WHO RECEIVES THESE SERVICES?
- Students may qualify for AIS services based on several factors:
- Test scores from previous school years
- Report card grades and classroom performance
- Teacher Recommendation
HOW ARE THESE SERVICES PROVIDED?
- Pull Out Service: Students attend AIS content-based literacy classes taught by the AIS teacher to support the writing process, reading comprehension, test-taking skills and homework completion.
- Push In-Service: Students are enrolled in classes where an AIS teacher pushes in to co-teach with the content area teacher. This allows extra literacy support to be infused into the core content.
DO STUDENTS RECEIVE A GRADE IN AIS?
- Students do not receive a separate grade for AIS; however, the support received should positively impact the core content grade and NYS Regents Exam score.
WHERE DO I FIND INFORMATION ABOUT MY CHILD’S AIS CLASS?
- To find out information about your child’s AIS class please go to their AIS Class Schoology page.