Updates from the Board of Education

  • Dec. 1, 2020

    Dear Gates Chili Community Members,

    Recently, our district was recognized as being safer than other locations around us by remaining in NY State’s Yellow Zone designation because 25% of the on-site attendees received timely testing (40% of on-site attendees gave their permission). Per Mr. Dailey’s comments via correspondence and during the Board Meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 24 (see link below), the Yellow Zone designation can change due to forces out of the district’s control.

    As your elected representatives, we ask that the Gates Chili community continue to work together as very few communities have during this time of uncertainty caused by the COVID pandemic. Specifically we are asking that the remaining 60% of the on-site attendees allow the minimally-invasive testing or provide alternate proof from a trusted source (e.g., primary care provider) ahead of any change in designation.

    By having the ability to have 100% of on-site attendees provide proof of testing, 100% of all on-site attendees will continue to do exactly that: attend our schools! Even 1% non-compliance per the current NY State rules will affect the other 99% in an unwanted and unnecessary manner.

    We truly hope that our district can continue to shine as an example of true community and as a place where the best education is delivered, without interruption.

    Thank you for your cooperation!

     

    Yours truly,
    Gates Chili Board of Education

     

  • BOARD GOALS

     

    WATCH BOE MEETING LIVE

     

    MEETING SCHEDULE

     

    RECORDED MEETINGS

     

  • BOARD MEMBERS

     

    BOARD DOCUMENTS

     

    BOARD POLICIES

     

     

Past Updates from the Board of Education

  •