The Gates Chili Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program is designed to offer four-year olds daily instruction that increases awareness and competence in five domains derived from the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core:
- Physical Development and Health
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World (includes Math, Science, Social Studies)
We accomplish this in a caring, active, play-based learning environment that is rich with adult-child interactions. Our daily instruction provides natural opportunities for children to learn readiness skills, exercise their curiosity and imaginations, and strengthen their ability to work well with others.
- UPK is taught by NYS Certified Teachers.
- UPK is five days per week, Monday through Friday, from 9:30AM to 2:30 PM.
- Our program is provided at no cost to families. UPK is a New York State grant-funded program.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from the UPK program.
- Classrooms are located at elementary schools and at Imagination Childcare Academy, 230 Coldwater Road. Contact Imagination Childcare directly for information regarding wrap around care at their site.
- To be eligible for the 2019-2020 program, which begins in September 2019, children must turn 4 on or before December 1, 2019 and reside in the Gates Chili Central School District.
Application for the 2019-2020 School Year will be mailed February 8, 2019 to all families in our census. Gates Chili Central School District residents may download, complete, and return applications to District Office beginning February 8, 2019.
Questions? Call Erin Ugine at 247-5050 ext. 12209