IMPORTANT UPDATE: 3/24/20
- The UPK Lottery will be held on April 1st.
- Due to COVID-19 closure and restrictions, lottery will not be open to the public this year.
- We will be unable to provide information on lottery outcomes to individual families in response to phone or e-mail inquiries following the lottery.
- Follow up letters providing your child's placement or wait list number will be mailed to all families who submitted an application on Thursday, April 9th. Please allow several days for letter to arrive at your home.
- If you have questions after receiving your letter, please reach out at the number below, and we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you and we hope you and your families are doing well.
The Gates Chili Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program is designed to offer four-year olds daily instruction that increases awareness and competence in five domains derived from New York State Learning Standards:
- Physical Development and Health
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World (includes Math, Science, Social Studies)
We accomplish this in a caring, active, play-based learning environment that is rich with adult-child interactions. Our daily instruction provides natural opportunities for children to learn readiness skills, exercise their curiosity and imaginations, and strengthen their ability to work well with others.
- UPK is taught by NYS Certified Teachers.
- UPK is five days per week, Monday through Friday, from 9:30AM to 2:30 PM.
- Our program is provided at no cost to families. UPK is a New York State grant-funded program.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from the UPK program.
- Classrooms are located at some elementary schools and at Imagination Childcare Academy, 230 Coldwater Road. Contact Imagination Childcare directly for information regarding wrap around care at their site.
- To be eligible for the 2020-21 program, which begins in September 2020, children must turn 4 on or before December 1, 2020 and reside in the Gates Chili Central School District.
Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year are now available. Click below to print your application and return to District Office no later than March 31st, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and a confirming message will be sent upon receipt.
Questions? Call Erin Ugine at 247-5050 ext. 12209