The Gates Chili Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program is designed to offer four-year olds daily instruction that increases awareness and competence in five domains derived from the New York State Pre-Kindergarten Foundation for the Common Core:
- Physical Development and Health
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World (includes Math, Science, Social Studies)
We accomplish this in a caring, active, play-based learning environment that is rich with adult-child interactions. Our daily instruction provides natural opportunities for children to learn readiness skills, exercise their curiosity and imaginations, and strengthen their ability to work well with others.
- UPK is taught by NYS Certified Teachers.
- UPK is five days per week, Monday through Friday, from 9:30AM to 2:30 PM.
- Our program is provided at no cost to families. UPK is a New York State grant-funded program.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from the UPK program.
- Classrooms are located at elementary schools and at Imagination Childcare Academy, 230 Coldwater Road. Contact Imagination Childcare directly for information regarding wrap around care at their site.
- To be eligible for the 2020-21 program, which begins in September 2020, children must turn 4 on or before December 1, 2020 and reside in the Gates Chili Central School District.
Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year will be mailed to families in our census and available on our district website in mid-February 2020.
Questions? Call Erin Ugine at 247-5050 ext. 12209