COVID-19 Health Information
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough or shortness of breath AND exposure to anyone who has a positive case of COVID-19. This is an important distinction, as there are currently several respiratory viruses in our community, including influenza, that produce similar symptoms.
If you or a family member begin showing any of these symptoms and suspect it may be COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider. Before going to your healthcare provider’s office, inform them that a case of COVID-19 is suspected, and follow their advice. Gates Chili CSD will continue to work with the local health department to take appropriate steps as advised.
Know the difference
For more information:
NYS Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Monroe County Department of Health: 585-753-2991
There are a number of steps you and your children can take to reduce the spread of illness, including COVID-19, according to the State Department of Health:
A guide to cleaning your notebook, tablet, or all-in-one device.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol. Heavily-soiled hands should be washed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.