Student Laptop End of Year Procedures
The 2018-2019 laptop protection plan will be extended through the summer months.
Grade 6 and 7 students
- Students in grades 6 and 7 who purchased the laptop protection plan may keep their computer through summer vacation. (If you choose not to keep the laptop over the summer, your child is responsible to return the laptop on Friday, June 21, 2019 following the administration of the science final exam.)
- Students in grade 6 and 7 who did not purchase the laptop protection plan will not be able to keep their laptop over the summer. The laptops will be collected on Friday, June 21, 2019 after the administration of the science final exam.
Grade 8 students
- All students in grade 8 will turn in their laptop on Thursday, June 20, 2019 and receive a new laptop in August 2019.
Grade 9 - 11 students
- Students in grades 9 through 11 who purchased the laptop protection plan may keep their computers through summer vacation.
- Students in grades 9 through 11 who did not purchase the laptop protection plan will not be able to keep their laptop over the summer. The laptops need to be returned by Thursday, June 13.
Grade 12 students
- All students in grade 12 need to turn in their laptop to be eligible to participate in the Graduation Ceremony. Grade 12 students may return the laptop to the Tech Center at the High School during school hours (7:15 AM-2:30 PM) or choose to turn it in at the collection station in the large cafeteria on any of these occasions:
- June 17 – 9:30 am - 2:30 pm - after the Economics and Dynamics of Citizenship exams
- June 24 – 8:00 am - 9:00 am - before Graduation walks at the Elementary buildings
- June 26 – 8:00 am - 10:30 am - before Graduation Rehearsal
Summer Technical Assistance
We realize that technical difficulties may arise from time to time over the summer.
Assistance will be available from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM and from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM on the following days:
Wednesday, July 10
Wednesday, July 17
Wednesday, July 24
Wednesday, July 31
Wednesday, August 7
Wednesday, August 14
Wednesday, August 21
Please use door #50 when bringing laptop for repairs.
Laptop Care Tips to Remember
- Protect laptop from extreme temperatures and weather - do not leave in a hot car
- Keep laptop away from water, dirt, dust and sand
- Keep laptop away from food and drink
- Never leave laptop unattended in an unsecured or unsupervised location
- Protect laptop by always carrying it in a secure manner
- Never loan out or allow other users to log onto laptop
- Keep laptop username and password secure and do not share with anyone