All Gates Chili Middle School students receive a District issued laptop to use both at school and at home to extend their learning opportunities. The process for pick-up and/or renewal of the User Agreement and Protection Plan is outlined below:
- MS students who currently have their laptops: If you kept your laptop over the summer, you need to renew your paperwork and Protection Plan (if you want to be able to take your laptop home during the school year). There is a reduced rate of $25 for completing the paperwork and purchasing the Protection Plan online using MyPaymentsPlus by September 6, 2019.
- New entrants, incoming 6th graders, and MS students who did not keep their laptop over the summer:Students and families can pick up their laptop during the deployment days if the following items are completed:
- User Agreement and Protection Planis signed by student and parent/guardian
- Student Pledgeis signed by student and parent/guardian
- Protection Plan ($30; only $25 if paid by September 6, 2019) has been purchased online with MyPaymentsPlus (www.MyPaymentsPlus.com) or by bringing cash, check or money order to the deployment
- If a family is not purchasing the optional Protection Plan the laptop will remain in school and can be collected during the first few weeks of school.
- Distribution of the laptops will be at the HS in the cafeteria (enter Door #50) during the dates and times list below:
- Monday, August 26, 2019: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Laptops will be distributed during the first few weeks of school if you are unable to attend these dates and time.