Dear Walt Disney Families,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Walt Disney School! The Family Handbook is a ‘go to’ resource for information. The Handbook is also available on our School website, accessed through the District’s website: www.gateschili.org.
Walt Disney is a diverse, friendly and close-knit neighborhood school that embraces its rich traditions. At the same time, Walt Disney is firmly committed to preparing its’ students for life in the 21st Century. We invite you to join us in our efforts to create a joyful place for them to learn about their community, their world and the world yet to come! There are many ways we can work together to teach and inspire our children to reach individual excellence. Here are a few ideas to get you started (details to be found within the Handbook):
- Check your child's take-home folder.
- For intermediate students, check your child's agenda.
- Attend Walt Disney events found on the District calendar.
- Find out the best way to communicate with your child’s teacher.
- Attend our Walt Disney Parent Teacher Organization (WDPTO) meetings.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us, by calling the main office, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for entrusting your child to our care.
Sincerely and on behalf of the Staff of Walt Disney,
Elaine A. Damelio Sara B. Mucino
Principal Assistant Principal