The Gates Chili Central School District is seeking diverse adult males to serve as potential mentors to middle school boys. This mentorship program will provide mentors with the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a student, enrich their own personal development, learn new skills and abilities and experience the gratification of watching a mentee grow and develop!
- Demonstrates the characteristics of honesty, integrity, empathy, and kindness
- Ability to communicate with middle-school aged children openly and non-judgmentally
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect
- Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural, and racial backgrounds
- Must be able to commit to one hour per week for one school year
- Make a minimum 10-month commitment to developing and maintaining a mentor relationship with a middle school student
- Attend mentor orientation and training sessions before meeting mentee
- Attend ongoing mentor training and support sessions
- Meet with mentee on a regular basis at the Gates Chili Middle School
Come to our informational session!
Monday, Sept. 19 at 4 p.m.
Gates Chili Middle School, Library
Email Kimberly Veneziano-Pulliam at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or questions or apply by clicking this link.