GCMS Spartan Happenings Thursday November 14, 2019
Thursday, November 14, 2019
It is a "A" Day
There are late buses today.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- GCMS Holiday Food Drive November 4th thru 15th, 2019, all donations are welcomed!
- November 13-15 Middle School performing "The Wizard of Oz"
- Thanksgiving - No school November 27-29, 2019
3. There is an Academic Challenge Bowl meeting today Thursday, November 14, 2019 after school in Room 307. Bring a friend!
4. Multi-Culture Club will be having their first meeting today Thursday, November 14, 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Ms. Boswell in Room 6 in the Rhino's hallway.
6. National Junior Honor Society is moving their monthly meeting from November 15 to November 14, 2019. please check the November meeting agenda to see what you should bring with you.
7. Any 7th or 8th grade boy interested in Swimming, please register online. Our first practice is at the HS pool on Monday, November 18, 2019 at 3:30. any questions please see Mrs. Sheridan in Room 146.
8. All boys interested in playing Modified B Basketball. Make sure to register on family ID as soon as possible, and be sure to be cleared by your school nurse.
Tryouts will be held:
Monday 11/18 from 3:30 to 5:00pm at the field house at the HS, on #3 ct. (report to sports study hall)
Tuesday 11/19 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm at the field house at the HS, on #4 ct.
Wednesday 11/20 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the field house at the HS, on #2 ct.
Congratulations, 6th grade Red Wings!
This makes the 2nd time this year GCMS students have been recognized on the News 8 HonorRoll! https://www.rochesterfirst.com/community/news-8-honor-roll-students-pack-meals-for-open-door-mission/
Attention 8th graders if you are looking for a fun way to volunteer and make a difference in someone’s life, you might want to check out the TIES Program.
Please contact the TIES Program Coordinator at 585-764-1390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Wellness Wednesday Message is brought to you by your Delphi Prevention Counselor:
There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarette. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,00 chemicals. At least 70 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic. Some chemicals include acetone (found in nail polish remover), ammonia (found in household cleaning products), arsenic (used in rat poison), butane (used in lighter fluid), lead (used in batteries) and methanol (a main component in rocket fuel). Do you need help stopping or vaping? Stop by the counseling office and see Mrs. Santillo.
GCMS Intramural days will be by community. Monday's will be for Amerks only, Wednesday's Redwings only, Thursday's are Rhino's only, and Fridays all communities are welcome. Sign up on your day during your lunch period. Friday's sign up is before homeroom and spots will be limited.
Our Winter Varsity/JV/Freshman/Modified is beginning. Registration process:http://www.familyid.com/gates-chili-central-school-district-athletics
Word of the Day:
elated; in high spirits; extremely happy
Jumping up and down with excitement, Andy was elated with the team's victory.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Choose to help someone today! Find the Upstander in you!
Artist of the Day - Hannah