GCMS Spartan Happenings Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
It is a "G" Day
There are late buses today.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- October 28 - November 1, 2019 - Red Ribbon Week
- November 1, 2019 - 6th Grade Social, Middle School Cafe 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- November 5, 2019 School Picture Make -Up's
- November 13-15 Middle School performing "The Wizard of Oz"
4. Any girls interested in playing basketball, there will be an informational meeting Wednesday October 30, 2019 after school in Room 30. See Coach Leonard, or Coach Reiggi if you can't attend.
5. PASA Club will be having a flower sale today Wednesday, October 30, 2019 before 1st period in the cafeteria. Flowers will be sold for $1 each. If you are interested in buying flowers, come immediately to the cafeteria after getting off the bus.
6. Attention: the informational meeting for this year's Talent Show today, Wednesday, October 30, 2019, is canceled, and is rescheduled for Friday, November 1, 2019 in Room 14 at 3:00pm. Come learn about how you can be involved in the years show! See Mrs. Marciano with any questions!
7. The time has finally arrived for your first middle school social. It will be held on November 1, 2019 from 7:00 - 8:30pm. Doors will be close at 7:30pm and no one will be allowed in once the doors are closed. Your ride must be here at 8:30pm. Tickets will be $2 and on sale in your community office starting Monday, October 28 through noon on Friday, November 1, 2019. Tickets will NOT be sold at the door. You may purchase a ticket if you have not received a referral since the beginning of the school year. Do not delay as tickets are limited.
8. Attention Ski Club kids the 1st deadline for registration in Friday November 1, 2019.
"Wait till Helen Comes" by Mary Downing Hahn
Fall Family Fest - Thursday November 7, 2019 5:50-7:30 PM in the GC Feild House Click here for more information on the Fall Family Fest
GCMS Agape Club is collecting items for an organization called Operation Christmas Child. Show your Spartan compassion by donating small hygiene products like toothbrushes, hair brushes, wash cloths, and hand towels. Scrunchies, head bands, and school supplies are also needed. There are collection boxes in the community offices and the cafeteria. Thank you for helping the less fortunate this Christmas!
Attention 8th graders if you are looking for a fun way to volunteer and make a difference in someone’s life, you might want to check out the TIES Program.
Please contact the TIES Program Coordinator at 585-764-1390 or email email@example.com.
Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Wellness Wednesday Message is brought to you by the Health Department:
Did you know that being exposed to second hand smoke can be harmful to your health? If you have a family member or friend that smokes ask them if they could smoke outside and not smoke in the car with you. It's okay to be proactive about your health.
GCMS Intramural days will be by community. Monday's will be for Amerks only, Wednesday's Redwings only, Thursday's are Rhino's only, and Fridays all communities are welcome. Sign up on your day during your lunch period. Friday's sign up is before homeroom and spots will be limited.
Fall Sports are coming to a end! Show your Spartan Pride and attend a game. As a reminder, any Middle School student who wants to attend a sporting event after school, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Click here for the Event Schedule for week 10/25 thru 11/2
Word of the Day:
permeate; to spread through or penetrate something
Visions of happy vacation activities will permeate our thoughts this week.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Believing is seeing! Spread the Upstander word!
Artist of the Day - Makhi 8th grade