GCMS Spartan Happenings Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Tuesday , October 22, 2019
It is a "A" Day
There are no late buses today.
The Library is closed today.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- October 28 - November 1, 2019 - Red Ribbon Week
- November 1, 2019 - 6th Grade Social, Middle School Cafe 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- November 5, 2019 School Picture Make -Up's
- November 13-15 Middle School performing "The Wizard of Oz"
3. Ukulele Club meeting Wednesday, October 23, 2019 in the band room. If you don't have a ukulele no problem!
4. PASA Club will be meeting Wednesday, October 23, 2019 after school in Mrs. Henchen's room. Hope to see you there!
5. Art Club is on Thursday, October 24, 2019 in the art rooms.
6. If you're interested in being part of the Wizard of Oz stage crew, you will need to submit an application by Friday, October 25, 2019. Pick one up on the music wing bulletin board.
7. Attention Ski Club kids the 1st deadline for registration in Friday November 1, 2019.
"Wait till Helen Comes" by Mary Downing Hahn
Fall Family Fest - Thursday November 7, 2019 5:50-7:30 PM in the GC Feild House Click here for more information on the Fall Family Fest
GCMS Agape Club is collecting items for an organization called Operation Christmas Child. Show your Spartan compassion by donating small hygiene products like toothbrushes, hair brushes, wash cloths, and hand towels. Scrunchies, head bands, and school supplies are also needed. There are collection boxes in the community offices and the cafeteria. Thank you for helping the less fortunate this Christmas!
Attention 8th graders if you are looking for a fun way to volunteer and make a difference in someone’s life, you might want to check out the TIES Program.
Please contact the TIES Program Coordinator at 585-764-1390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Wellness Wednesday Message is brought to you by the Health Department:
Did you know health experts are reporting serious lung damage in people who vape, including some deaths? Vaping puts nicotine into the body. Nicotine is a highly addictive drug that can:
- Slow brain development in teens and affect memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood.
- Irritate the lungs.
- May cause serious lung damage and even death.
- Can lead to smoking cigarettes and other forms of tobacco use.
Make the right choice and say no to vaping!
GCMS Intramural days will be by community. Monday's will be for Amerks only, Wednesday's Redwings only, Thursday's are Rhino's only, and Fridays all communities are welcome. Sign up on your day during your lunch period. Friday's sign up is before homeroom and spots will be limited.
Fall Sports are in full swing! Show your Spartan Pride and attend a game. As a reminder, any Middle School student who wants to attend a sporting event after school, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Click here for the event schedule for the week of October 21, 2019
Word of the Day:
impede: to obstruct or stop the progress of something
I don't like when noisy students impede my listening in class.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Smile you are beautiful. Recognize Upstanders and act as Upstanders!
Artist of the Day - Wyatt