GCMS Spartan Happenings Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
It is a "F" Day
There are late buses today.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- September 11, 2019, 6th grade "Meet the Staff Night" 6:30-8:30 pm
- September 23 - 25, 2019 School Picture Days. Information to follow
- October 2, 2019, 7th and 8th grade "Meet the Staff Night" 6:30-8:30 pm
1. Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed legislation establishing September 11th Remembrance Day. On this date 2001 beginning at about 8:45 am, a series of terrorist attacks destroyed the twin towers of the World Trade Center and severely damaged the Pentagon. Commercial airlines were hijacked and flown directly into the three buildings. On this day we remember our fallen American heroes who tragically died as a result of these attacks. these tragic events changed the U.S., and the world forever. Lets have a moment of silence to remember those who suffered or died in these attacks.
2. Attention 6th graders: make sure you bring home the schedule you received today for your parent/guardian to attend "Meet the Staff Night" that is schedule for tonight, September 11, 2019.
3. Students interested in being a Tech Helper, please complete an application online. Check the email from Mr. Tavelaris or see Ms. Zusy in the Tech Center for any questions.
4. The first Relay for Life meeting is today Wednesday, September 11, 2019 in Room 145. Hope to see you there!
5. There is an introduction meeting for the LEGO Robotics Club on September 11, 2019 after school in Room 158. Bring a pencil! Our first actual LEGO meeting is Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, and then each Tuesday after that. Click here for the LEGO Robotics schedule
6. Interested in joining Art Club? Attend the informational meeting, September 19th after school in room 211 or 213. We will be meeting on select Thursdays throughout the year. Click here for the Art Club meeting dates
7. This year's middle school musical is "The Wizard of Oz"! Auditions will be held Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20, 2019. All are welcome! Sign up in the music hallway or see Mrs Volpe with questions in Room 65.
8. Do you like to help others? Do you like to volunteer? If yes, then come to the LEO Club meeting after school on Monday, September 16, 2019 in the FACS rooms.
9. The Make-A-Difference Club will hold our first meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 18, 2018 after school in Room 303. All are welcome!
10. The National Junior Honor Society will hold its first meeting on Friday, September 20, after school in Room 148.
Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Book Talk: Coming Soon
The Library is open after school. remember to get your pass by 5th period.
To help keep track, remember to check your school email account every Monday for overdue notices that are automatically sent out. Remember, library books can always be renewed.
For any sports information please contact your PE teacher. Or you can contact the Department of Athletics, their offices are located in the Field House at the Gates Chili High School.
Word of the Day:
exceptional - well above average; extraordinary; uncommon
The food critic was correct; this restaurant has exceptional service.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
You are amazing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Embrace Upstanding behavior!
Artist of the Day - Coming Soon