GCMS Spartan Happenings Monday, September 9, 2019
Monday, September 9, 2019
It is a "D" Day
There are late buses today, make sure you know your late bus number before you stay after school. Its not the same number as your regular bus run. Check with your Community Office to find out what it is.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- September 11, 2019, 6th grade "Meet the Staff Night" 6:30-8:30 pm
- September 23 - 25, 2019 School Picture Days. Information to follow
- October 2, 2019, 7th and 8th grade "Meet the Staff Night" 6:30-8:30 pm
1. Please remember that you can access your assignments, and grades in school tool. 6th graders should check their email on how to do this, it is also on your students agenda.
2. Are you eager to get involved right away? We we have just the thing for you. Why not consider being a book store worker? Come to the first informational meeting today, Monday September 9, in Room 304 after school. See Mrs Falletti with any questions.
3. There is an introduction meeting for the LEGO Robotics Club on September 11, 2019 after school in Room 158. Bring a pencil! Our first actual LEGO meeting is Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, and then each Tuesday after that. Click here for the LEGO Robotics schedule
4. Interested in joining Art Club? Attend the informational meeting, September 19th after school in room 211 or 213. We will be meeting on select Thursdays throughout the year. Click here for meeting dates for the Art Club
5. This year's middle school musical is "The Wizard of Oz"! Auditions will be held Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20, 2019. All are welcome! Sign up in the music hallway or see Mrs Volpe with questions in Room 65.
6. Gates Chili Winter Guard 2020 Auditions are on September 14 and 15, 2019. Click here for more information on the GC Winter Guard 2020 Auditions
Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Book Talk: Coming Soon
The Library is open after school. remember to get your pass by 5th period.
To help keep track, remember to check your school email account every Monday for overdue notices that are automatically sent out. Remember, library books can always be renewed.
For any sports information please contact your PE teacher. Or you can contact the Department of Athletics, their offices are located in the Field House at the Gates Chili High School.
Word of the Day:
advantageous: favorable, affording advantage; beneficial
Studying for the science test proved to be an advantageous decision as I received the highest grade in class.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Karma can be your friend. If you do something nice, there will be a chain reaction. The universe will repay you! Spread the Upstander word!
Artist of the Day - Coming Soon