GCMS Spartan Happenings Friday September 6, 2019
Friday, September 6, 2019
It is a "C" Day
Welcome Back, and Welcome to the all the New Students!!
There are no late buses this week, they will start running on Monday September 9, 2019. They are offered every day except Tuesday's.
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
- September 11, 2019, 6th grade Meet the Staff Night
- September 23 - 25, 2019 School Picture Days. Information to follow
1. Drop off and Pick up location is at Door #9 behind the school by the cafeteria. You can be dropped off beginning at 7:35 am. In order to be on time to first period, which starts at 7:58 am you need to be dropped off no later than 7:45 am.
2. All GCMS students received a District issued laptop to use at school and at home. If you kept your laptop over the summer, you need to renew the User Agreement and Protection Plan (if you want to be able to take your laptop home during the school year. There is a reduced rate of $25 for completing the paperwork and purchasing the Protection Plan online using My PaymentPlus by September 6, 2019
3. Are you eager to get involved right away? We we have just the thing for you. Why not consider being a book store worker? Come to the first informational meeting on Monday September 9, in Room 304. See Mrs Falletti with any questions.
4. Modified Cheerleading Tryouts will be held today September 6th from 5-7 pm in the High School Small Gym. Hope to see you there. Any questions please see Coach Sierra White.
5. There is an introduction meeting for the LEGO Robotics Club on September 11, 2019 after school in Room 158. Bring a pencil! Our first actual LEGO meeting is Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, and then each Tuesday after that.
6. Gates Chili Winter Guard 2020 Auditions are on September 14 and 15, 2019. Click here for more information on the GC Winter Guard 2020 Auditions
The Library is open!
To help keep track, remember to check your school email account every Monday for overdue notices that are automatically sent out. Remember, library books can always be renewed.
Book Talk: Coming Soon
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
For any sports information please contact your PE teacher. Or you can contact the Department of Athletics, their offices are located in the Field House at the Gates Chili High School.
Word of the Day:
advantageous: favorable, affording advantage; beneficial
Studying for the science test proved to be an advantageous decision as I received the highest grade in class.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Have an outstanding day! Don't be afraid to be an Upstander!
Artist of the Day - Coming Soon