GCMS Spartan Happenings Thursday June 13, 2019
Thursday, June 13, 2019
It is a "E" Day
There are late buses today
The Spartan Way Every Day
Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, and Hard Work
Friday June 14 @ 3 pm: Book store closes for the year
- 8th Grade Trip to Niagra Falls June 14, 2019
- 8th Grade Farewell Dance June 21, 2019
- Last full day for students is Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Exams half days June 19-21 ( see schedule below)
- 6th grade students no school on June 19, 2019 report back on June 20 for exams
8th grade scheduled events - Niagara Falls Trip, and Farwell Dance
Student Opportunity - FREE RIT CAMP Options
RIT is hosting FREE summer camps for students in grades 8-12 (as of Fall 2019) this summer in Computing Security and Coding. Click here for more information on the RIT camps
- Gates Chili Color Guard Spin Fest - Click here for more information on the Gates Chili Spin Fest
1. Congratulations to Nicole, she was the only Gates Chili student to be published by the Rochester Area Literacy Council. Last night she was honored at the Senca Park Zoo, for her original piece of writing.
2. Attention all 6th - 8th grade girls interested in playing modified JV or Varsity lacrosse next year: There will be a informational meeting today, Thursday June 13, 2019 after school, in room 160 with Mr. Harris. We will discuss summer opportunities including summer practices, leagues, and tournaments. You do not have to have any experience to participate.
3. Any 6th -8th grade girl interested in trying out for Volleyball in the fall, come to the meeting today, Thursday, June 13, 2019 @ 3:00pm in the gym. See Mrs. Riggs if you can't attend.
4. There will be a soccer meeting for any 6th -8th grade girl interested in playing for school next year. The meeting will today Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 3:00 in the cafeteria, you will go home on the late bus.
5. 8th graders, come spend the evening amongst the Stars in our Hollwood themed 8th grade farwell dance will be held on June 21st, from 7-9 pm. No one will be allowed entrance after 7:30 pm. Tickets are on sale in your Community Offices for $5 this price includes, drinks, food, dancing, and more.
6. Any 6th -8th grade boys interested in trying out for Volleyball in the fall, come to the meeting on Monday, June 17, 2019 @ after school in room 153. See Mr. Valerio for any questions.
7. Calling all new 7th grade National Junior Honor Society students. We will be having our first meeting today Thursday, June 13, 2019 after school, in room 148.
All library books checked out by students are due back to the library. Please encourage your students to return their library books as soon as possible.
There have been some great book recommendations this year, Gates Chili Middle School. So here is the last one for this year, consider reading " All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven. Click here to read more about "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven
If you have lost any items such as clothes, shoes, lunch pail, water bottles, books, backpacks, etc... Please check the lost and found in the Cafe!
Volunteer Opportunities at GCMS see attached any questions please contact Ms. LaManna.
Athletics: All Gates Chili sports sign up is now through the Gates Chili website under the athletics tab. Or you can contact the Department of Athletics. Their offices are located in the Field House at the Gates Chili High School.
Word of the Day:
congenial: having a pleasant disposition; friendly and sociable
The congenial police officer gave us directions to the high way.
Upstander Phrase of the Day:
Always stand up for one another, never be alone and stand together!
Artist of the Day - Quang 8th grade