Choral/General Music and Instrumental News
This year I am directing the band, teaching all instrumental lessons, and classroom music for grades 4 and 5. Janet Grace, our part time music teacher has grades k-3 and chorus.
Beginner Band Information Night is September 17th at 7:00 pm. This is the monday after the first full week of school.
Band Rehearsals are Tuesdays and Thursday mornings. The first day of band in September will be Tuesday, September 18th at 8:00 am. (Second Year Players Only)
Concert Dates: December 5th at the High School Auditorium
May 15th at Florence Brasser Gym
Chorus practices after school on Thursdays. First Day of Chorus TBA
Here are my recruitment steps:
1. Students see an instrument presentation in general music.
2. Students will choose their top three choices based on the presentation
3. Students will come down in small groups to the stage and try out instruments.
4. A letter will go home giving one or two choices based on the instrument petting zoo.
5. Parents sign a permission slip to join the program if they choose and have 2-3 weeks to aquire an instrument.
6. Lessons usually start the first full week of October.
This year I have many recordings for my instrumental students to use on this teacher website. See the menu on the left side for recordings for each instrument.
My extension at school is X51026 to my office.
My focus for elementary music is to develop musical literacy through active participation in singing, playing instruments, movement, and listening. Students will learn authentic songs and games that will help them build confidence, creativity, social skills, and integrate music into their lives that is natural for child development.