Taking Medicine at School
Children sometimes need medication during the school day. At school, we are directed by specific rules regarding the dispensing of medication.
The following conditions must be in place:
- A written or faxed order from the physician is provided- even for over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol or cough drops.
- A new order is required each school year.
- Written permission from the parent or guardian is provided.
- The medication must be in the pharmacy filled prescription bottle or the original store packaging.
- The medication must be brought into school by an adult.
NO CHILD IS ALLOWED TO CARRY OR TRANSPORT MEDICATION
OF ANY KIND TO OR FROM SCHOOL.