To view the below plan information in PDF format, click here.
School meals will continue to be available to all students, including those attending school in person and those learning remotely. For information about how meal information will be communicated, refer to the Communication/Family and Community Engagement section.
For students onsite, meals will be provided while maintaining appropriate social distancing between students. Students do not need to wear face coverings when seated and eating so long as they are appropriately socially distanced.
The district will ensure social distancing between individuals or physical barriers while eating in the school cafeteria. If not feasible, meals may be served in alternate areas (e.g., classrooms) or in staggered meal periods to ensure social distancing and proper cleaning and disinfection between students. The district will ensure that students who have food allergies are protected from exposure to allergens.
The sharing of food and beverages (e.g., buffet style meals, snacks) is prohibited, unless individuals are members of the same household. Adequate space will be reserved for students, faculty, and staff to observe social distancing while eating meals.
- If the school building cannot maintain proper social distancing within the cafeteria, then school breakfast and lunch will be served in the classrooms in order to reduce traffic in hallways as well
- Students will wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after eating
- School nutrition staff members will follow all applicable health and safety protocols, including the wearing of face coverings and hand washing before handling food items
- For students who are learning remotely, breakfast and lunch will be available for pick-up at Gates Chili Middle School
- Pre-determined hours will be communicated to parents/guardians through the Gates Chili Central School District website
- If families don’t have transportation, alternative arrangements will be made
The district will follow all applicable health and safety guidelines. The district will operate in compliance with child nutrition program requirements. Communication with families in their preferred language will be provided via the district website translate feature.