Students will create a hand-held game. Shop safety, tool identification and finishing procedures will be studied.
- Students will receive demonstrations on tools and equipment
- Students must score a passing grade on the safety worksheets for each machine
- A lesson on Solidworks 3D CAD software will help students learn about the parts they will be making.
- Using Manufacturing techniques, students will cut out and assemble their projects.
Grading: Each student is responsible for the following.
- 3D CAD assembly model of the project with textures - 50pts
- 1 project created using the tools and machines in the wood shop - 120pts
- Cut out wood triangle
- Drill holes to proper depth
- Cut dowels to length
- Shape the chamfer edge
- Finish the project with abrasive paper, stain and seal with polyurethane
- Print directions for the game
- Receive game pieces