-Mini-lessons, practice, conferencing
-Navigating Text structure
-Daily mini-lessons, practice, and conferencing
Unit One: Couting Coins and Combinations
Unit Two: Shapes and Blocks
Unit Three: Stickers, Number Strings and Story Problems
Unit Four: Pockets, Teeth and Favorite Things
Unit Five: How Many Floors? How Many Rooms?
Unit Six: How Many Tens? How Many Ones?
Unit Seven: Parts of a Whole , Parts of a Group
Unit Eight: Partners, Teams and Paperclips
Unit Nine: Measuring Length and Time
Physical Science: Interactions and Simple Machines
Earth Science: Earth's Features
Life Science: Relationships in Ecosystems "Save the Bees"
- Democracy and Citizenship
- Civic Ideals/Practices "Do we have to have rules?"
- Urban, Suburban, Rural "How would our lives differ?"
- Symbols "What symbol best represents the United States?"
- Geography and Natural Resources
- Economic Systems
- Humans and Environment: "How do we shape our environment?"
- Changes Over Time
- Community History
- Economic Interdependence "What makes me become we?"