1. Compare: to find likeness between two or more things.
2. Contrast: to find differences between two or more things.
3. Define: to give a brief, clear meaning of a word.
4. Discuss: to present details, important information, and facts
about a subject.
5. Describe: to write about a topic in detail, using facts and giving
6. Explain: to make clear how or why events or things come about.
7. Illustrate: to explain something using a diagram, drawing, or
8. List: to put short, clear answers in a series when there are
multiple answers to a question.
9. Summarize: to state briefly the main facts or idea of a story