DRUM MAJOR AUDITIONS:
- Demonstrate excellent marching technique in a straight line, turn, halt, and marking time.
- State the commands of: Attention, Parade Rest, Dress Center Dress, Ready Front, and Mark Time Move.
- Conduct The Star Spangled Banner from memory.
- Conduct the opener from the fall 2020 marching band show (When You Wish Upon A Star/Circle of Life). Conduct the beginning through the transition (to about 50 seconds).
Applicants for Drum Major should demonstrate excellent musicianship, marching ability, and conducting technique. Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Vocal projection and authority
- Clarity/correctness of conducting patterns
- Fermati and cues
Consideration also given to thoughtfulness and creativity of application essay.