Mrs. Helmbold's Math Galaxy
Welcome to my math site!
There are many areas to the website that I hope you will find great value in. My goal is to make this website a great learning tool and resource for the students (and parents too!!).
If you have any questions or would like to see something specific on this webpage, please let me know!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are Academic Intervention Services in mathematics?
A: Academic Intervention Services (AIS) in mathematics are services designed to help students to achieve the learning standards in mathematics in grades K-12. These services include two components:
- additional instruction that supplements the general curriculum (regular classroom instruction); and/or
- student support services needed to address barriers to improved academic performance.
The intensity of services may vary but are designed to respond to student needs as indicated through State assessments results and/or the District-adopted procedure.
Q: How do you determine if a student should receive AIS?
A: Multiple measures are used to determine eligibility for Academic Intervention Services. These may include:
- Classroom-based performance
- Teacher Recommendation
- Tests of Demonstrated Technical Quality
- Report Card
- New York State Assessments